PhD in Pharmaceutical Science
Passionate about drug research and discovery, and the study of drug usage?
PhD candidates will acquire relevant skills by conducting an original research project and become full-fledged researchers. This program prepares students to a career in an academic, industrial, or governmental setting. A significant portion of the program is dedicated to conducting research activities under the supervision of a thesis supervisor.
The PhD in Pharmaceutical Sciences consists of 90 credits with 84 credits awarded to research activities and drafting and defending a thesis. The six remaining credits are awarded for courses.
Five concentrations are available:
- Medicinal chemistry
- Medications and population health
- Pharmaceutical technology
For more information, please see the program leaflet, as well as the program description, structure, and course listing in the prospective students’ website (In French only).
Admission and Requirements
Applicants to the PhD program must meet the following criteria:
- Meet the general conditions of eligibility listed in the Academic Regulations of the Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies.
- Hold a Master in Pharmaceutical Sciences (with thesis) or a degree deemed equivalent.
- Have maintained a grade point average of 3.3/4.3 or equivalent during the master’s program.
- Possess a good understanding of French and English.
Admissions Department – Université de Montréal
Phone: 514 343-7076 or 1-866-977-7076
Fax: 514 343-5788
For more information on the graduate programs in pharmaceutical sciences:
Phone : 514 343-6111, poste 6467